Innovation is at the heart of The Class Conference. We firmly believe it is one of the driving forces of co-creating University Cities as the new generation lives and breathes continuous evolution in their living, working and learning. Hence, every year, we have a dedicated space where an innovation-driven competition takes place that translates challenges into solutions and concepts to actions. This year, we would like to invite bright young talents to shape the future of “Blended Living”
The development and visualisation of an innovative concept/design and/or a business model within the framework of student living, working and learning to enhance sustainability using technology.
Teams of students or recent graduates that meets below eligibility.
1. Teams: minimum 3 students/graduates
2. Current students of business, arts & design, architecture, urban development or similar disciplines (Bachelor and Masters level)
3. Graduates of above studies in 2018 and 2019
Teams’ innovative concept must include a solid recommendation in defining and shaping the following;
1. What is the identified area of improvements?
2. Why is it urgent, relevant and important to address this topic?
3. How does your concept/design and/or business model contribute to the improvement?
4. Who will benefit the most and which stakeholders should be interested?
5. What is the financial and non-financial benefits in a short, medium and long-term?
In the following formats (attachments):
Submit your proposal with at least one visual to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting in subject: Innovation competition – application: Title of your proposal
1. PDF – Teams must present their entry in a visual manner in a maximum of 2x A3 size paper with a visual (images, photographs, drawings, design, etc.)
2. PDF – Under 500 words of text
3. If video is included please submit via WeTransfer or link (min 1280 x 720 px)
Submit your proposal from 30th July 2019
Deadline: midnight 13th October 2019
1. Finalists will be announced on Tuesday October 22nd via The Class of 2020 website, social media and individual emails.
2. Winners will be announced at The Class Conference 2019 – Day 1 during Best in Class Awards in Berlin on Wednesday November 6th.
Each team member will receive an Apple iWatch and a complimentary tickets to both partner & awards dinner and access to the full-day conference + exclusive access to the VIP area: minimum worth 5500 Euros per team.
Each team member will receive a complimentary tickets to both partner & awards dinner and access to the full-day conference: minimum worth 3000 Euros per team
The Class of 2020 will co-hold the copyright of all the materials submitted, therefore have rights to use them for their marketing and related activities.